Today I’ll be sharing all the bookish (and non-bookish) happenings in March which actually didn’t contain much reading… or blogging.
As of the end of March, I have read 14 of of goal of 80 books (18%) this year. Its not going well. I was really determined to get back on track with my challenge in March but somehow, it’s gotten worse. I’m currently 6 books behind according to the good, ol’ Goodreads so currently I’m drowning in my tears and TBR. I think this is mostly due to my unconscious decision to read big books which means I’m not finishing a lot.
In March, I read 4 books so I didn’t finish my TBR but they were some solid reads so yay? Actually 2 of the books I read were rereads of HP and it’s safe to say that I still love those books.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3): [REREAD]the Marauders and Lupin’s chocolate remedies – so much fun. Hermione in this book though – THAT scene, you know.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4): [REREAD] and as soon as I finished HP3, I went on to the next one which I thought would take a while to finish since I was listening to it on audiobook. I can definitely appreciate this story more because I remember the first time I read this, I didn’t enjoy it as much as the other books.
- Learning to Play Gin (Cheating at Solitaire, #2): I read this book mostly to finish the series. It’s a duology, it’s short, why not? It wasn’t great but I can appreciate how much Ally has grown in her writing.
- Lusus Naturae (Lady Helen, #1.5): I read this in anticipation for the sequel in this series (which I’m currently reading) and it was a super short and fun story.
(click on images for Goodreads pages)
I had a VERY lucky month in terms of books in March because I won 2 giveaways. 2!!!! You can bet there was flailing when my bookmail came. I did not ever think I was going to win a giveaway but those were basically my highlights of the month.
(for next month)
I have not been keeping up with my TBRs this year but I still like having that structure so imma keep going. Maybe, just maybe I’ll actually accomplish it in April. I am still not trying to cut down on the amount of books I intend to read in the month.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5): because obviously I need to continue my Harry Potter series reread saga. Indeed I’m audiobooking this one right now and we all know how big the book is. It’ll take me a while to get through it but hopefully I’ll finish it by the end of April
- The Dark Days Pact (Lady Helen, #2): I’m also currently reading this and it’s getting so intense. For all you who are befuddled about this series, think regency England and demons thens smush them together. Does that not intrigue you?
- Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass, #5): I’m nearing the end of the catch up process for this series but this book is massive. I admit I wasn’t a fan of its predecessor, Queen of Shadows and I don’t know whether it’ll get any better considering the type of problems I had with it.
- Bad Blood (The Naturals, #4): you must be getting sick of seeing this book in every month’s wrap up. Truth is, I’m petrified of this finale because I love the series so much. Also own this book and have no self-control at the library so it keeps on getting shoved down the list. Sorry book.
- Fire Study (Study, #3): I’m very excited to continue on with this series. I really enjoyed the first 2 books so hopefully this one follows up.
(click on images for posts)
- A little #LoveOZYA news: the Jasper Jones movie adaptation has premiered in cinemas. It deals with some heavy stuff that was huge in the 1960s Australia. I didn’t even know there was a movie coming out until recently but I’m excited to see it.
- We can get the third illustrated book of Harry Potter series on the 3rd October 2017 if you don’t already know. There is a cover (in the link) and Pottermore has shared a sneak peek into some illustrations.
- Some casting news for The Darkest Minds adaptation: Mandy Moore is joining the cast. I have not read the books yet but I intend to before I watch the movie.
- Marie Lu’s Warcross had a cover reveal! And we get an extract too. It’s definitely an intense cover and not too fond of it just yet, but it seems to fit the theme of the story.
- Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff (book #2 of the Nevernight Chronicle) also gets a cover reveal. I’m really looking forwards to starting this series because it sounds so stabby and brutal and doesn’t hold back.
- The first trailer for The Handmaid’s Tale adaptation is out! I haven’t actually read the whole book, but I read an extract for school and yes it scares me. But I’m really intrigued.
- Fan of collector edition books put you hands up. We lucky if you’re a fan of A Darker Shade of Magic because there’s an edition with a whole lot of fancy, exciting stuff to be released during October.
- The TV series; Buffy the Vampire Slayer is coming back… as a book series. I have not yet watched the TV show but I’ve heard fantabulous stuff about it and I’ll get to it (like I’ll get to everything else).
I did a whole blog post about what was happening lately because life has been hectic lately and time has been running away from me. So I’m currently on a semi-hiatus. My detailed ramblings can be found HERE. I’m playing a huge catch-up game right now. Assignments, reviews, sleeping. I need to get onto this planning thing that exists. Help bro.
I’m more of a TV show than movie person but I found myself procrastinating with movies rather than TV this month. I watched Beauty and the Beast, Moana and Iron Man which SO GOOD. I can finally understand all the memes and GIFs about Robert Downey Jr. being Stark now. My superhero obsession is intensifying. Also there are so many upcoming superhero movies/TV shows. I’m excited but stressed.
I got super obsessed with audiobooks in March because of my lack of time for reading. In facto 2 of the books I read were through audiobooks and I’m listening to another one right now.
I reread 2 Harry Potter books this month so how am I to choose 1 favourite quote. The whole book is quotable.
“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
– Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, J.K. Rowling (Albus Dumbledore)
What did you get up to in March? Favourites of the month? Pumped for April? Comment below!