I have continued to have a mediocre reading month. I am yet to read a 5 star book this year. Please project good books in my direction. Also I’m struggling with keeping up my book reviews. Anyway, let’s start up this wrap up!
So far I’ve read 10 books out of my goal of 80 books (13%). Well actually it’s more like 10 book I attempted to read. Because I have a DNF. My first of the year and it was unexpected. I’m sad. And angry. Sangry?? According to Goodreads, I’m still 2 books behind schedule so from the reading disaster that was January, it’s getting better.
I read a total of 6 books in which 1 of them was a REREAD and 1 was a DNF. Unfortunately, I’m still behind on reviewing so excuse the lack of them. They will come.
- The Long Game (The Fixer, #2): this is such a thrilling and intense sequel to The Fixer. The murder. The betrayal. I need more books from this series.
- Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4): I have to say I didn’t enjoy this book as much as its predecessor and I’m very wary for the direction this series is going. I am not liking the relationships and ~specific~ characters.
- Swarm (Zeroes, #2): [DNF] I wasn’t the biggest fan of the first book of this series but the concept of these superheroes was too good not to give it another go. But nope. It’s not for me.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2): [REREAD] at some point this year, I decided that I wanted to reread the Harry Potter series. It’s still awesome and I’m having so much fun.
- Take the Key and Lock Her Up (Embassy Row, #3): another series I finished this month which was a tad disappointing. This series hasn’t been as amazing as other Ally Carter books and I just expected more.
- Olivia Decoded (Olivia Twisted, #2): I’m super conflicted about this book because I expected mystery and instead I got romance and angst. Yet I couldn’t stop reading it???
(click on images for Goodreads pages)
(for next month)
I’m attempting to be less ambitious in terms of reading in March because I have not met any of my monthly TBRs but there are so many books I want to read and the struggle is too real.
- Learning to Play Gin (Cheating at Solitaire, #2): just finishing a duology. The first book was entertaining enough for me to continue.
- Lusus Naturae (Lady Helen, #1.5): this is a novella from Lord Carlston’s perspective from a scene in the first book. In preparation for reading the sequel!
- Bad Blood (The Naturals, #4): I’ve continued to put off reading this finale ever since its release because I love this series and I’m so scared as to how it’ll end. If you’re looking for a good crime, mystery thriller, I highly recommend this series.
- Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5): look at how close I’m getting to the end of this series!! VA#4 was not that great in my opinion but the Dimitri situation is stressing me out and I need answers.
- The Dark Days Pact (Lady Helen, #2): I really enjoyed the first book in this series. There’s regency England, demons and tentacles and it’s strangely glorious.
(click on images for posts)
20th anniversary Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone edition books were announced at the start of February. They come in hardback and paperback and there are 4 house themed ones and they’re absolutely stunning. Take my money.
Some unofficial HP news. A sorting quiz has been going around (well at the start of the month) that gives you percentages of how much you belong to each house.
- A rereading option has FINALLY come to Goodreads. And at the most opportune time for me. I just reread HP and I had a breakdown as to whether I should add it to my reading challenge since Goodreads doesn’t calculate rereads. So it’s all good now!
- The first Everything, Everything adaptation trailer has come out which I still haven’t read nor have I watched the trailer but it’s there if you’re interested!
- The rights to Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake has been acquired so some time in the future we may see three triplet heirs to the throne battling it out to become the queen.
- A Darker Shade of Magic is going to be adapted and this is another book I haven’t read but I know heaps of people are excited and terrified.
Classes started up in February and crying because my timetable is horrible. Fitting in solid chunks of reading time is hard. Also blogging. What is life?? Speaking of blogging, I had my best stats for this blog this month so thanks to everyone who has visited my blog!
So I was madly scheduling in February and rapidly bullet journalling. There were some times that I considered giving it up but I figured if I stopped worrying about how pretty it looked, it worked so much better for me. I still enjoy making it neat but minimalism for the win!
I finished a lot of sequels/series this month. In fact, I’ve only started ONE series this year. ONE! Look at that self-restraint. I think I’m somewhat ~starting~ to control my TBR (that’s probably a joke) and finishing all this sequels means I’ll be starting new series and feel less obligated to read particular books.
I didn’t start any new TV shows in February and I think that deserves an applause itself.
I’ve decided to exclude rereads from my quote of the month otherwise every time is just going to be a Harry Potter one – this series is just so quote-worthy. My favourite comes from the iconic dialogue that exists in The Long Game.
“Does that mean that you’re actually okay, or that you’re stoically projecting that you will be okay at some undefined point in the future?”
– The Long Game, Jennifer Lynn Barnes (Vivvie)
Stoically projecting – bwahaha. Talk about relevance.
So what shenanigans did you get up to in February? What books did you read and acquire? Any recommendations of mind-blowingly, fabulous books? Comment below!