I had a pretty meh reading month in November reading 4 books overall with a range of ratings. I refuse to believe the first half of November exists because those days were filled with exams. But I’m glad that books entered my life again for the rest of the month.
58 of 60 books read. 97% done. I was hoping to complete my reading challenge in November and it pains me to see how close I was. But I’m definitely confident that I will complete by the end of the year!
Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead
I’m offically hooked on the Vampire Academy series because of this book which is the third installment. This was such a heartbreaking read and hit me right in the feels. I’ve never been disappointed in a Richelle Mead ending and this was no different. I’m exploding. My review will be up soon.
The Queen’s Lady by Eve Edwards
This book didn’t live up to my enjoyment reading the first book of the series. Focusing on a new set of main characters and a different romance, it often felt disjointed and resolved too quickly. My review can be found HERE.
The Girl is Trouble by Kathryn Miller Haines
This was a much more intense read than its predecessor and I thoroughly enjoyed the first half. It necame a bit messy towards the end but so many twists and turns. All my thoughts can be found in my REVIEW.
- Going Rogue (Also Known As, #2): this was a fun and quick read that escaped the high school environment from the first book, having established relationships. I’m not ultimately satisfied with the ending but the banter and funny dialogue kept me entertained. Full review HERE.
I didn’t buy any books this month. Applause for my self-restraint.
- Going Rogue (Also Known As, #2)
- Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3)
- Outlander (Outlander, #1): I was so excited to start this book and fairly intimidated as well. I’ve heard the hype, the praise and the problems and now I shall decide.
I’m not going to have a TBR for December because I’m feeling spontaneous and I’ll just see what books come into my possession and become read.
- Cover reveal for Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo is here and it’s pretty cool. I mean I like it to some extent but I think I expected more. Anyway, I’m so excited more news for these YA superhero novels are coming out and I can’t wait to hear more!
- Title reveal for 3rd book of Sarah J. Maas’ A Court of Thorns and Roses. Yes the style of the title is the same #ACOWAR.
- Movie news for Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. The trailer has dropped for the adaptation that’s coming March 2017.
- And MORE cover reveals: Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare has a legitimate cover now and all I will say is jfdklznv and the London Bridge! Travelling???
My final exams of the year are finished and yes I was exhausted. As soon as I finished them, I can say a heavy part of my time was spent on Netflix and catching up on all the shows. I also went on a little holiday at the end of the month and it was so great to have a change in scene.
YAY the holiday season has arrived!! I love seeing all the festivities and we all know this is the time where book acquisition reaches its peaks. I’m very excited. I hope everyone gets to spend time with close ones and have a wonderful time. As always, I’ll end with my favourite quote of the month which is from Shadow Kiss:
“Throughout history, people with new ideas—who think differently and try to change things—have always been called troublemakers.”
– Shadow Kiss, Richelle Mead
Anyone going on a holiday this holiday season? What did you get up to in November? Comment below!