This is a bit of a different post because I’ve been nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award! I still consider myself as relatively new to the book blogging community so this came as a lovely surprise to me. I was nominated by the wonderful and fellow Aussie, Ellie from Capitol Books who also (obviously) posts about bookish things.
Why don’t I lay down the rules before I start…
- Show the award on your blog (image widget)
- Thank the person that has nominated you.
- Share 7 different facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 blogs of your choice *gasps*
- Link your nominees and let them know of your nomination(hyperlink)
If you want to know more about this award, you can visit the Versatile Blogger Award blog and see what it’s all about!
7 facts about ME
- This isn’t my first blog. I created a blog a looong time ago about world issues and guess what it was called? World Issues Blog (original, I know). I spent the longest time designing and formatting the blog, wrote a couple of blog posts but then quit because it was a bit too much to handle at the time. I haven’t deleted it but I would be very surprised if you could find it.
- I don’t intend on becoming an author. Or go into the book publishing industry either. Creativity is not something I possess and though I love reading and books, and the process to the publication of a book does interest me, I have no goals whatsoever (at the moment) to enter this process.
- I hardly cry reading books. Yes I’m hardcore stronger than all of you combined. Jokes. Most of my crying happens internally so I just drown in those tears and water has physically leaked out of my eyes probably 5 times maximum.
- I don’t own bookshelves. Sure I have 1 shelf dedicated to my books but not a full-on mansion storage. Probably because I don’t own an abundance of books because I’m quite picky and I want to adore and want to reread books that I own. I do want to build up my collection but for now #cherishthelibraries.
- I’ve never owned a pet. These facts are starting to sound like ‘never have I ever’ but moving on… yes I’m never even had the luxury of looking after a goldfish. I’ve adored dogs since I was young and desperately wanted one but my parents refused *sigh*. Maybe sometime in the future.
- One time I “accidentally” received 7 requested books from the library at the same time. In which I had to return within 2 weeks. It was stressful. I ended up having to return 2 and 1/2 unread books which was painful (especially that half). The thing was that these requests were inter-library loans which I couldn’t renew. Tough times.
- I don’t play any sports. I don’t consider myself sporty. I played netball for quite a few years but then I quit this year. Now I’m a sloth.
- Bibliophile Mish
- Elle Biblio
- Pages Unbound Reviews
- Stories On Stage
- Brooklyns Bookish World
- Readers in Wonderland
- Happy Indulgence Books
- Hannah Plus Books
- Book Nerd Reads
- Glittering Reads
- Strung Out On Books
- Picnic Reads
- Twirling Pages
These are all great, dedicated book bloggers. I enjoy their posts so much and I think they all deserve this award. I apologise if you’ve already been nominated but take it as a compliment! Thanks again to Ellie for nominating me!
PS. wow, isn’t that the shortest blog post I’ve ever written :D
Do you have any bloggers who you think deserve this award? I love discovering new blogs. Comment below!